Kingsvale is an exciting new development in Waltham Abbey, Essex offering the best of both urban and country living.
The collection of high quality 3 and 4 bedroom houses being built by a local company Hill, are of a bespoke design and cleverly combine traditional designs with contemporary details, allowing them to merge comfortably with their rural surroundings. Kingsvale is sensitively landscaped and includes a large area of open space for all to enjoy.
The fully integrated kitchen is from Symphony with Zanussi appliances and Blanco sink and mixer taps. The ground floor has Amtico flooring and bedrooms will be carpeted, bathrooms and en-suites will be tiled. Bathrooms have quality fitted Hansgrohe sanitary ware.
There is a Children's Nursery on site. This is a long established Nursery that has moved from King Harold School and re-located to the estate.
Waltham Abbey keeps much of its old world charm, particularly along Sun Street with is the main pedestrianised thoroughfare of shops, restaurants, cafes, small supermarket, specialised East London Sausage Company and Vintner Mason, a local run wine shop. Another proud local independent business is Tony’s Pie and Mash shop, a favourite with David Beckham!
Lee Valley Regional Park is within a mile offering river side walks and perfect for nature lovers.
For adventure you have the White Water Rafting centre who have a wonderful beach zone in the summer for the children and Friday evening BBQ’s for families.
The Kingsvale Development can be found on Picks Hill, EN9 3LF
The Location and History of Kingsvale, Waltham Abbey
This site dates back to 1920, when the current site was first developed into greenhouses from which was previously open fields. The site was part of a larger farm which bred pigs.
When it was first constructed, commercial tomato planting was undertaken and the site supplied tomatoes to the local and London markets.
This continued until after the War when in 1946, the Knight family purchased Knolly’s Nursery, where they continued the growing of tomatoes for the wholesale market.
With the introduction of the EEC in the 1970’s, the Knight family found it increasingly difficult to compete with European imports, so the business changed to growing tomato plants for the wholesale market. This continued till the early 1980’s, when they expanded their growing to bedding plants, supplying, amongst others, the local Council and Councillors.
As time moved on, the nursery closed its doors to the public in 2007, when Duncan Phillips Limited first started the planning process for the Knight family for residential development. Sadly both Mr Knight (father) and Mrs Knight have passed away, and Mr Knight junior moved to Hertfordshire when Hill purchased the land from him in 2016.